LinuxCon is the conference for all matters Linux, bringing together developers, sysadmins and architects to learn and collaborate on the latest technical issues facing the Linux and IT operations ecosystems. Launched in 2009, LinuxCon has quickly become known for offering top speaking talent, a cross-section of the leading players in the Linux community, innovative and timely content, a wide variety of opportunities for attendee collaboration and a place for smaller groups to co-locate for topic-specific mini-summits and workgroups.
This event is for those whose careers involve Linux, whether they are a developer, systems administrator, chief architect, lawyer or C-Level executive. The purpose of LinuxCon was to create a space for all matters Linux; where all the community members across companies, technologies, industry verticals, countries and job functions could come together, learn from each other, collaborate, solve problems, discover new opportunies and create new technologies to advance the Linux ecosystem as a whole.
Each year, over 1,000 of the most talented in the industry gather together for this event—it’s like a pop up think tank! We’ve seen the Linux ecosystem shift and grow exponentially in recent years, and we like to think that some of the work that has led to these accomplishments has happened right here at LinuxCon.
LinuxCon offers content across three different verticals (Developer, Operations and Business); 6 tracks over 3 days for a total of over 100 sessions. These sessions include presentations, hands-on tutorials, deep-dive technical lectures, and visionary keynotes from industry leaders. This year, we are introducing a joint track with the co-located Linux Plumbers Conference, where our attendees can take advantage of content aimed at the highest level maintainers and developers working in and around the kernel. LinuxCon truly offers content for everyone involved in Linux.
Collaboration Station! Learning isn’t reserved only for the session rooms at LinuxCon—it truly happens everywhere. Our famed “hallway track” is constantly bustling with attendees collaborating, creating strategic partnerships, working together to solve coding issues real-time and much more. Everywhere you look, you’ll see small groups, laptops in hand, working on everything from code to legal issues facing the community, and nothing makes us happier! We’ve designed the conference for you to have the face-time you need. We’re about community, and we know Linux only gets better as we work together.
- Developers - Software Developers, Programmers, Core Maintainers and Linux IT Professionals
- Operations - IT Operations Experts. System Administrators and Chief Architects
- Business & Legal - Corporate End Users, Senior Business Executives, Legal Counsel
- Students, Media, Analysts and other professionals with an interest in the Linux ecosystem
LinuxCon & CloudOpen
Looks like a 100% chance of clouds! Open Source has played an enormous role in the innovation and advancement of Cloud Computing, with Linux taking center stage at the core. CloudOpen launched to overwhelming success in 2012 to meet the needs of this growing community. It is the only event dedicated to covering all of the open source projects, technologies and companies that make up the cloud.
We’ll be hosting CloudOpen in conjunction with LinuxCon again this year, and LinuxCon attendees have full access to the CloudOpen conference including 55+ breakout sessions, attendees, and even more collaboration opportunities. Did we mention that’s at no additional cost? One low registration fee gives you full access to both conferences.
For more information on CloudOpen North America, click here.
What's Included in the All-Access Registration Fee?
- Attendance to ALL LinuxCon sessions
- Attendance to ALL CloudOpen sessions
- Attendance to some co-located events at no additional cost and discounted registration to those with a fee. Click here for a list of co-located events.
- Access to the Technology Showcase, Hallway Tracks and Lounges
- Continental breakfast, coffee breaks and lunch
- Entrance to Evening Events - the Booth Crawl & Opening Reception and the offsite Attendee Reception. A pass may also be purchased to each of these events for a guest, and also to the VIP Reception for Speakers/Sponsors.