We are excited to welcome you to LinuxCon + CloudOpen + Embedded Linux Conference Europe 2014 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
This year's event is being held at the CCD, Congress Center Düsseldorf. This International conference venue is set on the banks of the Rhine and is located only three kilometres from Düsseldorf Airport, Germany’s third largest airport, and five kilometres from Old Town.
Düsseldorf is the capital of the state North Rhine-Westphalia and one of Germany’s most important business and scientific hubs. It is a modern, cultural, open and cosmopolitan city, famous for its carnivals and its highly fermented Altbier.
The charm of the city is due to the roots of its pompous past as capital of the German Empire, evident in each of the buildings that makes it one of the most attractive cities in the country.
Listed below are some of the main attractions that you will not want to miss.
The Altstadt (Old Town)
The Altstadt is the most famous part of the city and includes:
- The Burgplatz, located on the banks of the River Rhine, with the Tower of the old palace of the Count of Berg which today houses the Navigation Museum or the Schiffahrts Museum
- The city hall (the Rathaus), formed by three buildings belonging to different periods
- St. Lambertus church with the tomb of St. Lambertus, as well as the relics of the Patron Saint of Düsseldorf, St. Apolinar
- Carlsplatz which has a market every day of the week
Königsallee - Kö
- The Königsallee, flanked by beautiful century old houses, is the most stunning commercial street in the city. Here, you can shop in luxurious boutiques and designer stores. (Chanel, Dior, Dolce&Gabana, Hermés, Loewe, HossIntropia, Arman, Bulgari, Gucci, Prada Versace)
- Shopping is a pleasure in the different narrow streets of the city, even in the rain. The choice, quality and splendid atmosphere of SchadowArkaden, Sevens, KöGalerie and Stilwerk is impressive.
Banks of the River Rhine
- One of the most important rivers in Europe
- Stroll along the banks of the famous river and admire the views of the Rhine Tower, the Lambertuskirche and Burgplatz…
- Goethe Museum - Anton and Katharina Kippenberg Foundation
- Heinrich Heine Institute
- Kunst-Palast Museum (Palace of Art)
Click here for another great list of the top 6 places you should not miss while in Düsseldorf.