Apache: Big Data will gather together the Apache projects, people and technologies working in Big Data, ubiquitous computing and data engineering and science to educate, collaborate and connect in a completely project-neutral environment. It is the only event that brings together the full suite of Big Data open source projects.
Dozens of leading Big Data solutions are developed under the auspices of The Apache Software Foundation (ASF). The ASF and The Linux Foundation have joined forces to produce Apache: Big Data to bring the power of these projects together under one roof where where project code committers and developers can collaborate with users to accelerate adoption and the state of the art.
If you are a Big Data professional, you won’t want to miss this event. From Hadoop and Spark to Kafka and Bigtop, countless Apache projects are the foundation of today's Big Data platforms and are the foundation for the greater ecosystem.
Apache: Big Data will cover the issues, technologies, techniques and best practices that are shaping the data ecosystem across a wide range of industries including finance, business, manufacturing, government and academia, media, energy and retail.
Some of the projects represented at Apache: Big Data include:
- Cassandra (http://cassandra.apache.org/)
- Hadoop (https://hadoop.apache.org/)
- Spark (https://spark.apache.org/)
- Ignite (https://ignite.incubator.apache.org/)
- Solr (http://lucene.apache.org/solr/)
- Kafka (http://kafka.apache.org/)
- Bigtop (http://bigtop.apache.org/)
- Crunch (https://crunch.apache.org/)
- Flink (https://flink.apache.org/)
- Slider (http://slider.incubator.apache.org/)
Why You Should Attend
Apache's big data projects are at the heart of today's most powerful big data computing solutions. The code committers developing these projects will join a diverse cross-section of architects, strategists, scientists, thought leaders and decision makers to leverage one another’s expertise and experience to drive the future of big data.
The Apache: Big Data program committee is made up of leaders in the Big Data space, and will drive the content of the event.
- Doug Cutting Creator of Apache Hadoop, Apache Lucene and Co-creator of Apache Nutch. Chief Architect at Cloudera
- Owen O’Malley Founding Chair of the Apache Hadoop Project Management Committee. Co-Founder of Hortonworks
- Roman Shaposhnik Apache Bigtop Founder and Director of Open Source at Pivotal
- Reynold Xin Apache Spark Project Management Committee Member and Co-founder of Databricks
- Gary Dusbabek Apache Cassandra PMC Member and Committer. Principal Engineer at Silicon Valley Data Science
- Kostas Tzoumas Apache Flink (incubating) Committer and PPMC Member. Co-Founder & CEO of Data Artisans