SDN & NFV Solutions Showcase (S3) @ ONS2016
In Partnership with ETSI, ONF, ONOS, OpenDaylight, OPNFV
SDN & NFV Solutions Showcase (S3) is a dedicated space on the ONS expo floor that features hand-picked demonstrations of collaborative multi-organization solutions at the cutting edge of open source SDN and NFV to showcase real advancement of SDN / NFV for a particular use-case in a specific industry vertical.
Carrier / WAN
ADARA Path Computation App for Event and Performance Based Networking via ONOS Controller with Calient Technologies
Global SDN deployment powered by ONOS
ONOS based Agile VPN for Carrier/SP Networks
Open Source Network Operating System for Service Providers
Cloud / Data Center
A High Availability Controller for an Open vSwitchBased Network
Adaptive Security Analytics Application with ACORD
CORD: Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter
Group Based Policy Using the Beryllium Release of OpenDaylight
Scale-out Openstack Neutron with PRISM Linux abstraction
Network Slicing and ICN Service Orchestration for Future Applications
Developing and Deploying an NFV Service Chain
M-CORD: Mobile Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter
NFV with E2: Platform-provided Scaling, Scheduling, Composition, Fault-Tolerance & More!
Testing & Validation
SDN L2/L3 Networking: ESnet 100G SDN Test Bed with end-to-end QoS
Testing the performance and finding the limits of your ODL based controller
- ONF: Marc Cohn, Senior VP of Marketing, ClearPath Networks
- ONF: Rick Bauer, COO, Open Networking Foundation
- ETSI: Marie-Paule Odini, Distinguished Technologist, HPE
- ODL: Balaji Ethirajulu, Director – Product Marketing, Business Unit – Cloud & IP, Ericsson
- OPNFV: Randy Levensalor, Lead Architect, CableLabs
- ONOS: William Snow, VP of Engineering, ON.Lab
- Jan 7, 2016 - Call for Participation and themes announcement
- Feb 1, 2016 - Submission of S3 demonstration proposal
- Feb 9, 2016 - Initial Feedback from S3 Steering Committee (SC)
- Feb 16, 2016 - Revised Demo Proposal Submission (if required)
- Feb 22, 2016 - Final Approval Decisions by S3 SC
- Feb 29, 2016 - Sponsorship and S3 Participation Fees due to ONS
- Mar 3, 2016 - S3 Demonstration hand-out/brochure submission
- Feb 24 to Mar 3, 2016 - Dry-run of the proposed demo (beta+ quality) to S3 steering committee
- March 13-17, 2016 - S3 Show-floor Setup & Showtime
- Demonstrate a cutting edge SDN / NFV solution for interesting use cases across one or more of the industry verticals (themes).
- Multi-organization participation - minimum of 1 network operator and minimum of 2 vendors.
- Showcase demos should include open source components featuring (but not limited to): OpenDaylight, ONOS, OPNFV, OpenSourceSDN.org, P4, among other SDN/NFV open source projects.
- Okay to not divulge end-customer publicly on website, but include in showfloor signage.
- All showcase teams agree to participate in ONS promotional programs, including the potential to appear in the OSSS press release, blog, video, website, etc.
- All proposals must conform to the application process, including compliance with application deadlines
- The decision of the S3 steering committee will be final and binding.
Eligibility Criteria and Fees
- Fees to participate in the ONS SDN Solution Showcase will be applied to each approved Demo:
- For vendors who are sponsors of ONS - fee is waived for each approved showcase
- For Network Operators - fee is waived for each approved showcase
- For vendors who are NOT sponsors of ONS - $5,000 per vendor for each showcase
- Each company participating in showcase will be entitled to the following:
- Company Logo, Name, URL and a brief Solution Description on ONSs' S3 webpage.
- Company Logo/Name signage on the S3 show floor.
- One Booth Pass (Free access to show floor, meals & receptions)
- One Full conference attendee pass at a concessional price
- Showcase exhibit space with two monitors, basic power, WiFi and signage
- Additional resources are solely the responsibility of showcase teams.
Focus on Quality:
The most impactful and comprehensive demos (no more than 15) will get featured as showcases exhibits in the S3 lounge on the expo floor.
Dos and Don’ts
- Each selected S3 demonstrations/showcases will be welcome to
- Have a max of 2 booth staff on the S3 floor at a given time
- Display the participating companies’ logo(s) using the ONS provided for signage
- Pass out hand-out/brochure (2 page max) describing the solution being demonstrated
- Participate in passport program
- ONS exhibitors will have access to S3 demo equipment from their exhibit booths, provided it is not shared with any other S3 participant
A S3 participant will not be allowed to
- Change the showcase's goals or key messages after it has been reviewed and approved
- Display slide-ware unrelated to the demonstration
- Display any external corporate signage
- Display any un-related product or distribute any corporate marketing brochures
- Retrieve/Scan leads from ONS attendees in the S3 lounge area
- Create and run any other marketing programs or offer attendee giveaways