In 2012, The Linux Foundation introduced a new annual technical conference, CloudOpen, designed to provide a collaboration and education space to advance the open cloud. CloudOpen Europe is the only event providing space for education and collaboration designed specifically to advance the open cloud. It is a conference celebrating and gathering together the open source projects, products, technologies and companies that comprise the cloud and are driving the cloud, big data and networking ecosystems today and tomorrow. CloudOpen Europe offers more than 60 sessions (including talks, hands-on tutorials, and keynotes) covering Cloud Platforms, Automation and Management Tools, DevOps, Virtualization, Containers, Software-Defined Networking, Storage & Filesystems, Big Data Tools and Platforms, open source best practices, and much more.
What Topics and Technologies are covered at CloudOpen Europe?
Any and all that include and/or affect the open source cloud such as:
- Operating systems (Linux, CoreOS, OSv)
- Hypervisors (KVM, Xen) and Containers (Docker)
- Big data platforms and best practices (Hadoop)
- The intersection of open source cloud and software-defined networking (OpenDaylight, OpenStack Neutron, Open vSwitch, OpenFlow)
- Security issues and best practices
- How to build and deliver cloud services
- Cloud application deployment, management, automation tools and best practices (Puppet, Chef, Juju, SaltStack, Ganeti, Atomic, OVirt)
- Datacenter management, filesystems and storage. (Ceph, GlusterFS, Riak, Open Compute, MySQL, MariaDB, Apache Mesos)
- IaaS and PaaS (Eucalyptus, OpenStack, CloudStack, OpenNebula, Amazon Web Services, CloudFoundry, OpenShift, Apache Stratos)
- Public, private and hybrid clouds.
- and much more… (See this year’s schedule for a full list of topics covered.)
Who Attends CloudOpen Europe?
Software Developers deploying and developing open cloud solutions, IT operations professionals and IT architects responsible for deploying cloud solutions, CIOs/CTOs/VPs of Technology/Directors of Engineering at open cloud companies, Storage and network managers...everyone and everyone who has an interest in the development, advancement and future of open cloud solutions.
CloudOpen Europe & LinuxCon Europe
CloudOpen Europe is the only event dedicated specifically to the open source projects, technologies and companies that make up the cloud. At the intersection of cloud computing and open source are Linux, so it was a no-brainer to co-locate CloudOpen Europe with LinuxCon Europe - a place where many of the folks working in open source cloud technologies were already gathering - in essence to create one larger event. CloudOpen Europe attendees get full access to the additional content (over 100 sessions), attendees and collaboration opportunities available with LinuxCon Europe. There is no separate cost or registration fee - just a lot more opportunity! For more information on LinuxCon Europe, click here.