SDN & NFV Solutions Showcase (S3) @ ONS2017
SDN & NFV Solutions Showcase (S3) is a dedicated space on the ONS expo floor that features hand-picked demonstrations of collaborative multi-organization solutions at the cutting edge of open source SDN and NFV to showcase real advancement of SDN / NFV for a particular use-case in a specific industry vertical.
S3 Themes and Use Cases
Data Center SDN
Zone Carriers & Cloud
5G Platforms and 4G Transitions
Patricia Chang, Associate Director, Verizon
Marc Cohn, VP Network Strategy, The Linux Foundation
Colin Dixon, ODL TSC Chair/Distinguished Engineer, Brocade
Dave Lenrow, Open Networking Architect, Huawei
Bill Snow, VP Engineering, ON.Lab
- January 13, 2017 - Call for Participation and themes announcement
- February 10, 2017 - Submission of S3 demonstration proposal
- February 20, 2017 - Feedback from S3 Steering Committee (SC) completed
- February 22, 2017 - Notifications sent to all S3 submitters
- March 17, 2017 - S3 Participation Fees due to ONS
- April 3 - 6, 2017 - S3 Show-floor Setup & Showtime
- Demonstrate a cutting edge SDN / NFV solution for interesting use cases across one or more of the industry verticals (themes).
- Multi-organization participation - minimum of 1 service provider and minimum of 2 vendors.
- Showcase demos should include open source components featuring (but not limited to): OpenDaylight, ONOS, OPNFV, OpenSourceSDN.org, P4, among other SDN/NFV open source projects.
- Okay to not divulge end-customer publicly on website, but include in showfloor signage.
- All showcase teams agree to participate in ONS promotional programs, including the potential to appear in the OSSS press release, blog, video, website, etc.
- All proposals must conform to the application process, including compliance with application deadlines
- The decision of the S3 steering committee will be final and binding.
Eligibility Criteria and Fees
- Fees to participate in the ONS SDN Solution Showcase will be applied to each approved Demo:
- For vendors who are sponsors of ONS - fee is waived for each approved showcase
- For Service Providers - fee is waived for each approved showcase
- For vendors who are NOT sponsors of ONS - $5,000 per vendor for each showcase
- Each company participating in showcase will be entitled to the following:
- Company Logo, Name, URL and a brief Solution Description on ONSs' S3 webpage.
- Company Logo/Name signage on the S3 show floor.
- One Full conference attendee pass at a concessional price
- Showcase exhibit space with one monitor, basic power, WiFi and signage
- Additional resources are solely the responsibility of showcase teams.
Focus on Quality
The most impactful and comprehensive demos will get featured as showcases exhibits in the S3 lounge on the expo floor.
Do's and Don’ts
Each selected S3 demonstrations/showcases will be welcome to:
- Have a max of 2 booth staff on the S3 floor at a given time
- Display the participating companies’ logo(s) using the ONS provided signage
- Pass out hand-out/brochure (2 page max) describing the solution being demonstrated
- Participate in passport program (if implemented)
- ONS exhibitors will have access to S3 demo equipment from their exhibit booths, provided it is not shared with any other S3 participant
A S3 participant will not be allowed to:
- Change the showcase's goals or key messages after it has been reviewed and approved
- Display slide-ware unrelated to the demonstration
- Display any external corporate signage
- Display any un-related product or distribute any corporate marketing brochures
- Retrieve/Scan leads from ONS attendees in the S3 lounge area
- Create and run any other marketing programs or offer attendee giveaways
Thank you for your interest. Submissions are now closed.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.