Open Source Summit Japan Students Program
Are you interested in learning more about Open Source, the communities and what opportunities are available for developers at Japanese companies? The Students Program at Open Source Summit Japan is the perfect opportunity for university students studying computer science to meet and interact with International and Asian open source community leaders and learn how they can participate as an active community developer. The Students Program @ Open Source Summit will feature:
- Access for all attending students to attend all of the keynote and conference sessions held during all three days of Open Source Summit Japan.
- The opportunity for students to submit talks to present during the "Students' Night" on Thursday June 1st evening.
- The chance to experience and interact with the leaders of open source projects.
This is a unique opportunity for university students interested in open source development. We encourage students from Japan, China, Korea and other Asian countries to participate!
Students Night @ Open Source Summit Japan
Students Night @ Open Source Summit Japan will be conducted in a poster session style. The students who are selected trough the CFP process (please see below "Submitting a Talk") will have their own booth where they can present talks and interact with the audience to get feedbacks from them.
The first 50 students to register for Open Source Summit Japan will receive a complimentary registration pass! Please email us at email@example.com to receive the promotion code.
If you are not among the first 50 to register, you'll still be able to attend and participate for only $125.
Submitting a Talk
Submitting a talk for the Students Night @ Open Source Summit Japan is easy! Follow these steps:
- Think of a talk that relates to the open source projects.
- Think of a title for your talk and prepare a short (150 words maximum) abstract describing what you want to talk about.
- Prepare your biography (150 words maximum), telling the reviewers about yourself and your experience.
- Send everything in an email to cfp [at] linuxfoundation.org.
All students' submission must have "Student Submission@OSSJ" on the email title of your submission. Please note that the deadline for submitting your presentation is March 31st. So don't delay!
Presenting Your Talk
If your submission is accepted, you will need to prepare a 20-minute presentation, including slides that you will present in English during the Students' Night. Please do not feel concerned about making a presentation in English as Open Source Summit Japan is a very friendly and encouraging atmosphere for Japanese developers.
We look forward to receiving your submissions!