Skip to main content

Traveling to Canada


Required Documentation for Travel to Canada

US Citizens:

Currently, all US citizens must travel with a valid US passport to enter Canada. As of March 15, 2016, US citizens must ALSO have a confirmation letter from the conference they are attending to enter the country.

Once you have registered for the conference, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to print and bring with you to enter the country.

If you registered and did not receive your confirmation email, please email us at


Non-US Citizens:

As of March 15, 2016, Canada requires all non-US citizens to have either a visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) AND an Invitation Letter from the conference to enter the country.

To see what travel documentation is required for your country of origin, please click here.

To apply for an Invitation Letter, you must be registered for the conference. Once you have registered, please click HERE to request an Invitation Letter.

PLEASE NOTE: Applicants are advised to apply as early as possible to allow for the time it takes to process applications. The length of time is determined by several factors, including the date on which the application was received, the number of applications received, and the applicant's nationality. Please see the following website for processing times for visa applications

We urge you to start this process as quickly as possible to ensure receipt of appropriate travel documentation in time for your conference travel to Canada.