Updated June 15, 2022
These are the final health and safety protocols for the event.
Our attendees’ health and safety remains our top priority as we continue to monitor COVID-19 and look to venue, local, state, CDC, and WHO guidelines to make the best and most informed decisions around onsite safety and requirements.
IN-PERSON ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS
While Austin’s indoor mask mandate has been dropped, we are a co-located event with the Open Source Summit which has masking restrictions. As such the Linux Foundation is still requiring masks to be worn while indoors at the JW Marriott to accommodate restrictions tied to other co-located events. There are exceptions for where masks are recommended but NOT required:
- By speakers while delivering a talk.
- By any event participant inside a dedicated FinOps X room (keynotes or breakout).
- By any event participants while actively eating or drinking in any space.
- By any event participants who have a disability or impairment that makes wearing a make unfeasible.
- While outdoors (e.g., the evening party)
Masks are not required at activities off-site from the shared JW Marriott spaces .e.g., at the evening party and Day 2 activities on June 21 happening at the Speakeasy venue.
Masks must be worn over the nose and mouth and must be made of a tight-knit, non-permeable material. KN95 or N95 masks are recommended. Cloth masks are acceptable. Bandanas, scarves, and gators are not permitted to be used as masks.
Attendees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks (14 full days) after the final dose (1 of 1, or 2 of 2) of any vaccine approved for emergency or full use by the World Health Organization. View the most up-to-date list of accepted vaccines here.
On-Site Vaccine Verification
Participants will need to show proof of vaccination and a government-issued photo ID to enter the event. The following are acceptable forms of proof of full vaccination:
- Government-issued or government-compliant digital vaccination verification app (such as Clear or VaxYes).
- Physical (or digital photocopy of) COVID-19 vaccination card, record or certificate issued by a government agency, public health agency or other authorized vaccine provider (a photo will also suffice).
If proof of vaccination does not include a QR code, then the record must show the name of the vaccinated individual along with one other personal identifier (such as date of birth or passport number), name of manufacturer for vaccine received, and date(s) of vaccination. It must also include the name of the official source issuing the record (e.g., public health agency, government agency, or other authorized vaccine provider).
Daily Temperature & Symptom Checks
By entering the ‘event zone’, event participants will self-certify that they are not experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19. They must also certify that if they’ve had close contact/exposure to someone with Covid-19 in the past 10 days, they will wear a mask at the event, and have received a negative Covid-19 test at least 5 days after known exposure (and before coming to the event). We will not require daily temperature checks at this event.
Wearable Indicators of Social Distance Comfort Levels
We will provide a wearable indicator of social distance comfort levels for event participants to wear onsite (optional but encouraged). Participants are asked to be respectful of each other’s comfort level on social distance.
At a minimum, we will be following all mandated venue, municipality, and CDC guidelines. All protocols are subject to change as the fluid COVID-19 situation changes.
While COVID-19 testing is not required to attend the event, it is highly encouraged that you take a test prior to flying out to the event. This will ensure your comfort and the safety of fellow attendees. We also encourage you to bring at-home test kits with you, so that you can use these in your hotel room in the event you start to not feel well. We will have testing kits available at the registration desk on-site, and you can email us at email@example.com at any time, and we’ll be happy to have a test dropped off at your hotel room if needed.
ON-SITE HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES
Please expect some, if not all, to be in place at 2022 in-person events as well.
- Mask mandate
- Vaccine requirement
- Daily COVID-19 symptom survey
- Event signage indicating required health and safety protocols
- Rigorous on-site cleaning and sanitizing of all touch points including cleaning of each badge check-in station between participants
- Sanitized microphones between each speaker’s use
- Plentiful sanitation stations on-site
- Personal hand sanitizer bottles and wipes available for participants
At a minimum, we will be following all mandated venue, municipality, and CDC guidelines. This list, and all protocols, are subject to change as the fluid COVID-19 situation changes.