Health + Safety
Updated October 18, 2021
As the OS-Climate at COP26 event is being held within the Federated Hermes Fringe Festival, the event will follow the Health & Safety protocols of the Fringe Festival under the guidance of the Federated Hermes Fringe Festival venue management team.
This page will be updated regularly with information on our onsite health and safety protocols for this event. Our attendees’ health and safety remain our top priority as we continue to monitor COVID-19 and look to venue, local, and WHO guidelines to make the best and most informed decisions around onsite safety and requirements.
Preventing the Spread
We ask that everyone attending the event is either fully vaccinated and/or has taken a negative rapid lateral flow test within 24 hours before they arrive. At present this won’t be officially checked by Lux, the event organizers for the Federated Hermes Fringe Festival, so that entrance to the event isn’t held up, but that is subject to change at any time, so please be sure to bring proof of either onsite.
If you aren’t feeling well, please watch for COVID-19 symptoms. If you are experiencing symptoms, please do not attend the event for the health and safety of others. If you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19 recently, we also ask you to refrain from attending, again for the health and safety of others.
- In line with current Scottish Government guidance, everyone will be required to wear a face mask when moving around the communal spaces indoors (unless they are exempt). There will be signage reminding people throughout the space about this. Face masks can be removed once seated or eating/drinking.
- Personal choice to remain wearing a face mask whilst seated will be respected by all.
- There will be hand sanitation stations around the event site which we will strongly encourage both guests and crew to use regularly.
- There will be handwashing facilities in the toilets, catering unit, and welfare unit.
- The toilets, communal areas, and catering unit will be cleaned daily with a toilet attendant on-site throughout.
During conference breaks, the structure doors will be open to allow efficient ventilation.
- Catering and refreshment stations will be manned by hospitality staff and have been positioned in multiple locations to avoid congestion during breaks. Venue staff will also be around to help coordinate the safe movement of people.
Track and Trace
- Scotland Test and Protect QR code posters will be displayed at registration to check into the venue.
- Note: We will have spare face masks and lateral flow tests onsite, for anyone who needs these.