Want to attend OSPOCon 2021, but not sure how to bring it up with your boss? We’ve published a sample letter below to help make the process easier. See you in Seattle!
I’d like to attend the upcoming OSPOCon 2021 taking place September 27-29, 2021, in Seattle, Washington. I’ve researched many conferences and found that this is the event for those working in open source program offices in organizations that rely on open source technologies to learn and share best practices, experiences and tooling to overcome challenges they face.
Nearly 200 talented individuals from across the ecosystem will gather to share learning and highlight innovation.
Here’s how I envision my attendance at OSPOCon 2021 strengthening our company:
- OSPOCon 2021 offers a variety of sessions, including presentations, deep-dive technical lectures, and visionary keynotes from industry leaders. Attending these sessions will allow me to build my knowledge and learn from other community members on best practices, and collaborate with our community about how to best (and safely) leverage open source software to solve industry challenges.
- The “hallway track” at OSPOCon will allow me to meet the top technical minds in the ecosystem. I hope to meet others that might face the same challenges and problems I do so that we can work together to solve issues now and in the future. Creating strategic partnerships at the event could be very useful in the future when we encounter new challenges.
Here is a breakdown of my projected cost to attend. (Insert if applicable to candidate: I’m happy to look into if this can be covered by our training/continuing education budget):
Registration fee: $850 (if registered by July 27, 2021). This includes:
- Registration to Open Source Summit + Embedded Linux Conference
- Access to all keynotes and sessions
- Entry to a number of co-located events
- Admittance to the sponsor showcase, hallway tracks, and lounges
- Continental breakfast each day
- Entrance to the onsite reception and multiple networking events
I would be happy to write a post-conference report detailing what I’ve learned, and recommend any changes we can implement to improve our practices.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I hope we can make this opportunity work.