Thank you for moderating a breakout session in-person at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2022, taking place 16-20 May, at Feria Valencia in Valencia, Spain.
This is the official event moderator guide for in-person sessions in Valencia, Spain. Please bookmark this page for easy reference and check back before the event for the most up-to-date information. If you have any additional questions not covered by this in-person moderator guide, please email the CNCF Content Team.
- For any issues with streaming or tech assistance, please first connect with the AV Tech in the room.
- If you need assistance with anything else, please reach out to our Slack moderator workspace channel for the quickest response: #1-kubecon-moderators.
Speaker + Program Committee + Ambassador Reception
We’d also like to invite you to attend the Speaker + Program Committee + Ambassador Reception on Tuesday, 17 May. The reception will be held at Level 1 Foyer + Outdoor Space | Event Center from 18:30-20:00. Please be sure to go through vaccine verification and pick up your badge at the Central Forum by 18:30 in order to be admitted to the reception.
Each moderator receives a branded sweatshirt which will be available at the Speaker + Program Committee + Ambassador Reception. If you aren’t able to make it to the reception, you can pick up your sweatshirt at the Cloud Native Corner Store in the Solutions Showcase at Pavilions 1 + 2 | Level 2 | Central Forum beginning on Wednesday, 18 May at 10:30. We encourage you to wear your sweatshirt to each session you moderate!
Leading Up to the Session
- Arrive to the session room at least 10-minutes prior to the start of your shift. Introduce yourself to the AV team.
- Ensure the speaker arrives in the room before the session begins.
- If the speaker is not in the room 2-minutes before their session is set to begin, please reach out to the #1-kubecon-moderators channel.
- Ensure that the session starts on time.
- Maintain the integrity of the session (i.e. sponsors should not be passing out anything to attendees nor scanning badges, sessions should not be an advertorial, etc.)
- Introduce yourself when the speaker arrives and let them know you will:
- Monitor the room for code of conduct.
- Ask 1-2 questions from the virtual audience during Q+A.
- Remind the speaker that when they answer Q+A in the room, they will need to repeat the question before answering so the virtual audience can follow.
During the Session
- Monitor the Q+A in the virtual session while the speaker is giving their talk to ensure the virtual audience is abiding by the code of conduct.
- Ask the speaker 1-2 questions from the virtual audience.