Updated as of April 2, 2020
Open Source Summit + Embedded Linux Conference North America 2020 will be held – in person or virtually – June 22-24 and we look forward to your participation.
We are continuously monitoring the COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus situation and are in regular communication with the city of Austin and the JW Marriott Austin. Please continue to visit our website and follow us on Twitter and Facebook – we will keep you informed every step of the way as decisions are made. We will make a final decision before May 5, 2020, and encourage all attendees to hold on booking any travel to Austin until that time.
Should the event continue as a face-to-face event in Austin, we will continue to keep the safety and health of our attendees as our top priority and will institute all safety measures recommended by the WHO and the CDC at that time to ensure everyone’s health and wellbeing. This would most likely include measures as detailed below.
Onsite Safety Measures
- Plentiful sanitation stations onsite with alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wipes, and tissue
- Signage encouraging attendees to practice Respiratory Hygiene & Social Distancing.
- A no-handshake policy at the event
- Regularly sanitizing all surfaces through the event space
- Sanitizing speaker microphones between each speaker’s use
- Requesting anyone that is sick to refrain from attending or to seek medical attention right away should they get sick onsite
World Health Organization (WHO) Novel Coronavirus Daily Situation Reports:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Situation Summary:
Real-Time Data Dashboard from Johns Hopkins University: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
US Dept of State Travel Advisories: