Updated as of May 11, 2020
The Linux Foundation is continuously monitoring the COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus situation to ensure the safety of our community. Out of an abundance of caution, and in keeping with government policies in some cases, many of the events that were scheduled in Q1 and Q2 2020 have been canceled or postponed.
We have a number of events still scheduled across the remainder of the year. While at this time, our goal is to still be able to hold those events in-person, we are also making plans to pivot to virtual events at the point that we deem this necessary. We will continue with this model as the year progresses, moving physical events to virtual ones as needed.
At the point that it is determined that we cannot move forward with an event due to government restrictions and/or a continued concern for the welfare of our attendees at a face-to-face gathering, we will update all event participants in a timely manner.
For events that do move forward as planned in a face-to-face forum, we will continue to keep the safety and health of our attendees as our top priority and will institute all safety measures recommended by the WHO and the CDC at that time to ensure everyone’s health and wellbeing. This would most likely include measures as detailed below.
Onsite Safety Measures:
- Plentiful sanitation stations onsite with alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wipes, and tissue
- Signage encouraging attendees to practice Respiratory Hygiene & Social Distancing.
- A no-handshake policy at the event
- Regularly sanitizing all surfaces through the event space
- Sanitizing speaker microphones between each speaker’s use
- Requesting anyone that is sick to refrain from attending or to seek medical attention right away should they get sick onsite
World Health Organization (WHO) Novel Coronavirus Daily Situation Reports:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Situation Summary:
Real-Time Data Dashboard from Johns Hopkins University: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
US Dept of State Travel Advisories: