Serverless Practitioners Summit

Novel Coronavirus Update

Updated as of March 26, 2020

Dear Cloud Native Community:

The health, safety, and wellbeing of our attendees and staff continue to be our highest priority.

We are focused on supporting our community during this unprecedented global pandemic and have been working to put a plan in place to bring everyone together again. Thank you for supporting us as we navigate this challenging situation.

We are pleased to announce that the new event dates have been confirmed and that we are now planning to hold KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020 at the RAI Amsterdam from Thursday, August 13 to Sunday, August 16, 2020.

We believe in the value of face-to-face events and are looking forward to bringing our community together in August. However, we are also aware that due to the unprecedented impact of the COVID-19 global pandemic, that might not be possible. Our ability to hold the event in person is contingent on being advised that it is safe to do so by the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control, and The Netherlands Health Ministry. If we determine that it is not safe or advisable to hold this event in-person, we will pivot to a virtual event on the same dates, with the same speakers and sessions, using an online platform that allows for interaction between all event participants, including attendee-to-speaker in keynotes and sessions, attendee-to-attendee in a virtual hallway track, and attendee-to-sponsor in a virtual sponsor showcase.

Next Steps:

  • You are currently registered and your registration will automatically transfer to the new dates. 
  • If you cannot attend over the August dates, you can cancel with a full refund up to the first day of the event (August 13). Cancel your registration online by logging back into your registration, using your confirmation number, and selecting “unregister.” Please email if you encounter any issues. 
  • We are working with our host hotels to recreate the room block for August. We’ll send more information as the event gets closer.
  • We highly recommend holding on booking your travel or hotel accommodations unless they are fully refundable in case we determine we do need to change this to a virtual event, due to the unprecedented impact of the COVID-19 global pandemic.  

If you have other questions, email

Stay healthy and we look forward to bringing this incredible community together in August. 

– CNCF staff


Why is the event taking place over the weekend?

We prefer not to hold events over the weekend but this was the only date that was feasible for the venue.

I’ve registered for Amsterdam; what do I do?

Your Amsterdam registration is being updated to the August date, so if you can attend in August, you’re all set for registration. 

All room reservations within the official KubeCon + CloudNativeCon room blocks were automatically canceled by the end of Friday, March 6, 2020, local Dutch time, without a cancellation fee. Please visit our Venue+Travel page for more details.  

We are working with our host hotels on a process to recreate the room block for August. We will update new hotel information, rates, and reservation links on our event website as soon as they are finalized. 

If you are unable to attend in August, please cancel your registration online by logging back into your registration using your confirmation number and select “unregister” and you will be refunded in full. Please email if you encounter any issues. 

I’m sponsoring the event in Amsterdam; what do I do?

We sincerely hope that all 180 sponsors will be able to join us in Amsterdam in August. Our sponsorship team will connect with you directly to discuss the next steps. This also applies to organizations hosting a Day Zero co-located event.

I’m a diversity scholar, media, analyst, or speaker who received travel funding; what do I do?

We’ll be contacting you directly in the upcoming weeks to assist in changing your travel plans.

I’m a speaker; what do I do?

We are planning to keep the schedule the same. The co-chairs will work with speakers who need to make adjustments to their topics to cover advances in the intervening four months, but the topic of the talks will be the same.

If you are unable to travel on the new dates, and you don’t have a co-speaker who can do the talk, we will backfill your talk from the waitlist. When choosing waitlisted talks, the co-chairs may also pull from the recently-completed CFP to KubeCon + CloudNativeCon China.

I’ve registered for a Day Zero co-located event, what do I do?

We are in the process of confirming with each sponsor if their Day Zero event will shift to the new August dates. Attendees of any Day Zero events that are being canceled will be informed and encouraged to register for a different Day Zero event.

I have other questions.

Attendees can email, speakers can email and sponsors can email We request your patience as we deal with the volume of inquiries.