The Cloud Native Computing Foundation’s flagship conference gathers adopters and technologists from leading open source and cloud native communities.
Want to attend but not sure how to bring it up with your boss? We’ve created this email to help you explain why it’s important to attend. Feel free to use the full letter or pieces of it. See you in Detroit!
I’d like to attend KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2022 taking place October 24-28 in Detroit, Michigan. I’ve researched many conferences and this is THE conference for gathering developers, IT professionals, and C-level leaders across the ecosystem to share learnings, highlight innovation, and discuss the future of cloud native computing, including emerging trends in microservices architectures and container orchestration with technologies like Kubernetes, Prometheus, and many more.
Over 6,000 of the most talented individuals in the industry gather together for this event making it a great place to network with industry professionals and learn from the top cloud native experts.
Here is some data from KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2021 to give you an idea of who attends and why:
- For 67% of attendees, this was their first KubeCon making it a great place for newcomers to the cloud native community to learn.
- The top two reasons that people attended KubeCon + CloudNativeCon were for career growth/training (43%) and networking (30%).
- 24% of attendees were developers with more than 73% in technical positions overall.
- 7,290 companies participated, with the majority from Information Technology (67%) and Financial (11%) industries.
To get a feel for what the conference is all about, check out this highlight reel from Los Angeles in October 2021.
Here’s how I envision my attendance at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2022 strengthening our company:
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America offers 200+ sessions including technical sessions, deep-dives, case studies, and more. Attending these sessions will allow me to build my knowledge on best practices and new trends in the rapidly evolving cloud native ecosystem.
- The “hallway track” at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America will allow me to meet technology and business leaders to collaborate on the technological challenges and implementations we’re working on while creating strategic partnerships that will benefit our company.
- This is the premier vendor-neutral cloud native event that brings together the industry’s most respected experts and key maintainers behind the most popular projects in the cloud native ecosystem. This will allow me to gain insight into the roadmap of these projects and how we can utilize them in our software stack.
If I register before June 8, 2022, the fee is only USD $999 for an in-person pass or USD $10 for a virtual pass. Included in the registration fee is access to all keynotes and sessions, sponsor showcase, hallway track, and lounges. Breaks, lunch, and other evening networking events are available with in-person attendance.
I would be happy to write a post-conference report and share with other members of the team what I’ve learned and how we can implement these cloud native tools and techniques into our business strategy.