Updated May 3, 2023
Our attendees’ health and safety remain our top priority as we continue to monitor COVID-19 and look to local, PHAC and WHO guidelines to make the best and most informed decisions around onsite safety and requirements.
IN-PERSON ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS
Masks are recommended, but not required, to be worn at the event.
Vaccine OR Negative COVID-19 Test Requirement
All attendees must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR (1) negative COVID-19 test upon first entry to the event.
If you are showing proof of vaccination to attend in person, you will need to show that you are ‘fully vaccinated’ against the COVID-19 virus. Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks (14 full days) after the final dose (1 of 1, or 2 of 2) of a vaccine approved for emergency or full use by the World Health Organization. View the most up-to-date list of accepted vaccines here.
The following are acceptable forms of proof of full vaccination:
- Government-issued or government-compliant digital vaccination verification app (such as Clear or VaxYes)
- Physical (or digital photocopy of) COVID-19 vaccination card, record, or certificate issued by a government agency, public health agency, or other authorized vaccine provider (a photo will also suffice).
The proof of vaccination record must show the name of the vaccinated individual along with one other personal identifier (such as date of birth or passport number), name of the manufacturer for vaccine received, and date(s) of vaccination. It must also include the name of the official source issuing the record (e.g., public health agency, government agency, or other authorized vaccine provider).
Negative COVID-19 Test Requirement
In lieu of proof of vaccination, participants may instead show proof of a negative COVID-19 test administered by a verified provider to enter the event.
- Provide (1) negative COVID-19 test upon entry to the event for the first time.
- The test must be a PCR, NAAT, or Antigen test taken within 24 hours of picking up your badge on-site.
- The test may NOT be an unproctored at-home test. Tests must be administered by a verified provider, either locally in Vancouver or virtually before you travel from your home city (if time permits).
- The test results must include your name and the date and time of the test.
CNCF will provide free eMed testing kits on-site for those that need to provide a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the event. There will not be space to take the test where you pick it up, so please plan to test in an alternate location (i.e, your hotel room) with reliable internet. You must test within 1-day of picking up your cdCon + GitOpsCon name badge.
In addition, antigen COVID-19 tests will be available for any attendee that would like to test throughout the event.
eMed Test Kits will be available for pickup during the following dates/times:
- Monday, May 8, | 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 9 | 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
eMed Test Kit Pickup Location
- Vancouver Convention Centre, West Building, 2nd Floor Burrard Foyer (cdCon + GitOpsCon registration desks)
eMed Test Kit
- The eMed test kit includes (1) BinaxNow COVID-19 antigen test
- The test is administered by a virtual proctor via the eMed app
Prepare for Your Test in Advance
- Create an eMed Account or Use an Existing eMed Account *Save time on-site and complete this step ahead of time.
- Give yourself plenty of time to pick up and take the test. From start to finish, the testing process takes 20-30 minutes.
- A step by step process to take the virtually proctored eMed test will be provided when you pick up your test on-site.
- Once you’ve taken the test you will receive digital results (shared via email and in the eMed app) to share upon entry to CloudNativeSecurityCon.
- The following data will be shared with the Linux Foundation: date of birth, name, email address, testing result. Your information will be kept confidential. If you do not want to share this data with the Linux Foundation, please unselect this box in the eMed app.
All in-person attendance requirements are subject to change based on local guidelines. Registered attendees will be notified 1 month prior to the event of any updates to our mask mandate and other on-site health & safety requirements.
ONSITE HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES
Please expect the following measures to be in place at the event.
At a minimum, we will be following all mandated venue, municipality, and CDC guidelines. This list, and all protocols, are subject to change should there be a change if local municipality and health agency guidelines indicate or require that they should change. We will do everything we can to provide any updates as early as possible.
Wearable Indicators of Social Distance Comfort Levels
We will provide a wearable indicator of social distance comfort levels for event participants to wear onsite (optional but encouraged). Participants are asked to be respectful of each other’s comfort level on social distance.
Canada COVID-19 Related Entry Requirements
If you are traveling to Canada, review the entry requirements from your country of origin here. With the ever-changing COVID-19 guidelines, we highly suggest visiting the Government of Canada website regularly for the most up-to-date information as your trip nears. Changes and updates are typically marked at the top of the page. Read carefully to ensure you have the most recent information regarding travel rules and regulations based on your country of origin. The requirements may change so continue to check back regularly.
RESOURCES & GUIDANCE
What should I do if I am onsite and not feeling well?
If you aren’t feeling well, please watch for COVID-19 symptoms. Depending on your symptoms and how unwell you feel, please take an at-home COVID-19 test (we highly recommend traveling with your own tests) or go to the nearest testing facility, urgent care, or hospital.
If you have chest pain or shortness of breath, we advise you to call 911 or go directly to the Emergency Room.
In-Person Testing Locations
1081 Burrard St.
Call 911 for an Ambulance
19-minute walk from the venue
6-minute drive from the venue
City Centre Urgent Primary Care Centre
1290 Hornby St.
Monday-Saturday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
24-minute walk from the venue
8-minute drive from the venue
622 Bute St., Unit B
Monday-Friday: 8:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
9-minute walk from the venue
3-minute drive from the venue