- Provision of a visa letter by The Linux Foundation does not guarantee visa approval, which is made at the sole discretion of the government of the event’s host country.
- Visa letter requests should be made 90 days prior to an event and may be submitted no fewer than two weeks prior to the event. The Linux Foundation cannot guarantee that letters will be provided in response to requests submitted fewer than two weeks prior to an event, though we will make every effort to process them.
- You must be registered for the event before requesting a visa letter. Please note: it can take up to an hour for our registration system and visa letter system to sync.
- The Linux Foundation processes most visa letter requests in (3) business days. Please complete the form below as accurately as possible. Failure to do so may result in a delay to the typical processing time.
- Some countries in which The Linux Foundation holds events require a local organization to provide a visa invitation letter. Thus, the Linux Foundation must use a local third party to process letter requests from time to time. By completing the form below, you are authorizing The Linux Foundation to share your details with third party vendors as needed to process your invitation request.
- Receipt of a visa letter does not, on its own, guarantee entry to the event nor does it act as verification of health status or as a vaccination passport. Each visa letter recipient will need to adhere to The Linux Foundation COVID-19 rules and regulations for events, as well as their own country/visiting country’s requirements. Please Note: Attendance at 2021 in-person events requires proof of vaccination.
- For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Interest Exception
If you are located in a country that the US is currently not allowing travel from, we recommend checking into the option of a National Interest Exception to see if you might be able to apply and receive in time to attend Member Summit in person. Each country has a different process. Contact the US Embassy or Consulate in your country for more details and to apply. For example, here is information from the Embassy/Consulate in Germany.
While we’re unable to contact an Embassy or Consulate on your behalf we’ll be happy to customize an invitation letter, or other communication, as needed for you to apply and receive the NIE.