By now we’re sure you’ve seen the schedule for the Open Source Summit + Embedded Linux Conference North America 2020 Virtual Experience – and if not, take some time to explore it here! This year’s schedule is jam-packed with 230+ keynotes, conference sessions, tutorials, and BoFs across 14 different topic tracks.
Putting together a schedule of this size takes a great deal of time, careful review, and thoughtful analysis and would not be possible without the dedication of our Program Committee Members.
A few fun facts:
- This year’s OSS + ELC North America Program Committee includes a whopping 59 members – and is 38% women! WOW, one of our largest groups to-date.
- Together, they reviewed 816 total submissions from our Call for Presentations. This is a 31% increase in submissions from 2019 – incredible!
- Each Program Committee Member received a Digital Badge via Acclaim, to honor their work and commitment to the OSS + ELC North America 2020 schedule and event.
We’d like to thank each and every one of our Open Source Summit + Embedded Linux Conference North America 2020 Program Committee Members. Your hard work, expertise, and energy are the actual building blocks for OSS + ELC North America 2020. This event would not be possible without you!
Take a look at our 2020 event tracks below and the Program Committee Members who reviewed each presentation submitted.
- AI/ML/DL: Thank you to Dr. Ofer Hermoni (SybarIP & member of the LF AI Technical Advisory Council), Zhipeng (Howard) Huang (Huawei), Jessica Kim (Huawei & LF AI Outreach Chair), Yanjun Ma (Baidu), Starlord (Zilliz), Dr. Han Xiao (Tencent AI Lab) and Ibrahim Haddad (LF AI & Linux Foundation).
- Cloud App Development: Thank you to Neville George (Comcast), Josephene Pynadath (Pivotal), Miranda LeBlanc (Liberty Mutual Insurance), Dr. Michael Maximilien (IBM), Maggie Neterval (Google), Laura Santamaria (LogDNA) and Denise Yu (GitHub).
- Cloud Infrastructure: Thank you to Donnie Berkholz (CWT), Tim Pepper (VMware), Tameika Reed (Expansia & Women in Linux), Shilla Saebi (Comcast), Laura Santamaria (LogDNA) and Chris Aniszczyk (Linux Foundation & Cloud Native Computing Foundation).
- Diversity Empowerment Summit: Thank you to Nicole Huesman (Intel), Tameika Reed (Expansia & Women in Linux) and Nithya Ruff (Comcast).
- Cloud, Embedded & Linux Administration Intro/101: Thank you to Tameika Reed (Expansia & Women in Linux), Behan Webster (Converse in Code), and Jerry Cooperstein, Lee Elston and Timothy Serewicz (Linux Foundation).
- IoT: Thank you to Malini Bhandaru (VMware), Frédéric Desbiens (Eclipse Foundation), Kathy Giori (EdTech and IoT Entrepreneur), Maureen Helm (NXP Semiconductors), Ron Minnich (Google), Jean-Marie Verdun (HPE) and Kate Stewart (Linux Foundation).
- Linux Systems: Thank you to Jonathan Corbet and Jake Edge (LWN.net), Sasha Levin (Microsoft), Tameika Reed (Expansia & Women in Linux), Steven Rostedt (VMware), Theodore Ts’o (Google), Elena Zannoni (Oracle) and Shuah Khan, Greg Kroah-Hartman and Kate Stewart (Linux Foundation).
- Wildcard: Thank you to Jake Edge (LWN.net), Joshua Lock (VMware), Laura Santamaria (LogDNA) and Kate Stewart (Linux Foundation).
- OS Databases: Thank you to Divya Bhargov (Pivotal), Dr. Michael Meskes (Credativ) and Sunil Kamath (Microsoft).
- OS Dependability: Thank you to Lukas Bulwahn (LF ELISA Project & BMW), Jake Edge (LWN.net), Darren Hart (VMware), Nicole Pappler (AlektoMetis), Jason Smith (UL LLC), Christopher Temple (Arm Germany GmbH) and Shuah Khan and Kate Stewart (Linux Foundation).
- Community Leadership & Open Source Program Management/TODO: Thank you to Jono Bacon (Jono Bacon Consulting), Darren Hart (VMware), Tameika Reed (Expansia & Women in Linux) and Chris Aniszczyk (Linux Foundation & Cloud Native Computing Foundation).
- Embedded Linux Conference: Thank you to Tim Bird and Frank Rowand (Sony), Marta Rybczynska, Yoshitake Kobayashi (Toshiba Corporation), Thomas Petazzoni (Bootlin) and Kate Stewart and Jeffrey Osier-Mixon (Linux Foundation).
We hope you’ll join us for the Open Source Summit + Embedded Linux Conference North America 2020 Virtual Experience – an all new, immersive, digital event that will provide you with unparalleled access to interactive content and dynamic collaboration opportunities with the global open source community.