Thank you for your interest in co-locating an event alongside KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2021!
In order to meet the needs of all events and create the best possible experience for attendees, we have updated co-located event packages and inclusions for 2021 events.
North America 2021 Co-Located Event Requirements
- All attendees of KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2021, including co-located event attendees, are required to be fully vaccinated and must abide by KubeCon + CloudNativeCon health and safety measures.
- Companies hosting co-located events must be KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2021 sponsors.
- Host companies are asked to choose between four co-located event packages (page 7).
- Deadline to submit a request for on-site event space: Thursday, August 5 at 11:59 PM PDT
- Deadline to submit a request for off-site cross-promotion package: Thursday, July 29 at 11:59 PM PDT
- Co-located events will run from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with access to meeting space starting at 8:00 AM for set-up.
- All receptions must be held off-site unless held within your meeting room during the allotted event time.
- The minimum recommended registration fee for co-located events is USD $50. If the host company elects to donate its profits to the CNCF Diversity Scholarship Fund, this will be reflected on the website.
- Companies looking to customize their event beyond the packages offered are encouraged to look at local venues and cross-promote their event on our website, event schedule, and registration platform for $6,000 + registration processing fees (Package D – See page 7 for more information).
- Please ensure someone from your team is available to check the room set-up, orders, shipments, etc. the day prior to your event (either Sunday, October 10 from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM or Monday, October 11 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM).
- To maintain a uniform website, all co-located events will be listed with: Title (Event Name hosted by Company Name), Date, Time, Location (LACC or off-site location), Registration Fee, 300-word max description, and external event link.
- All onsite event rooms will be set classroom style, and the configuration is required to remain as such throughout the duration of your event.
- If using “Kubernetes” in your event title, please refer to The Linux Foundation trademark guide for the correct and incorrect usage examples.
On-site Packages A – C
On-site Packages A – C include:
- Meeting space in classroom setup (required)
- 2-hour window to access to meeting space for set up the evening prior (see requirements above for specific timing)
- Access to meeting space from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM on event day (8:00 AM set up access)
- Access to conference Wi-Fi
- Basic audio visual (AV) services: (1) projector, (1) screen, (1) wireless presentation advancer, basic audio, (2) microphones
- In-room AV technician for the duration of your event
- Meeting room + wayfinding signage
- Contact information of registered attendees (including first name, last name, company, title, email address, and country)
- (1) Session scanner for managing attendee check-in on-site
- (1) Standard KubeCon + CloudNativeCon in-person pass for presenter
- All-day water/coffee/tea service
- On-site event support
- Marketing + promotion
- Featured placement on KubeCon + CloudNativeCon website, registration form, and schedule
- Managed event registration and fee collection (less 2.9% credit card processing fees)
- (1) Attendee check-in table and (2) chairs outside event space
Additional Items + Services for On-site Packages A-C
**Available at the sponsor’s expense to be ordered and paid for directly with the on-site service provider. Ordering information will be available in the co-located event-specific electronic resource center portal (ExpoGenie) once your contract is fully executed.
- Additional AV equipment: Additional screens, projectors, monitors, microphones, etc.
- Dedicated internet: Hardline to podium (recommended if demoing and may be necessary if you choose to livestream)
- Video recording: Session recording and/or live streaming
- Catering: Breakfast, lunch, and break options
- Power: To each classroom table or charging stations at the rear of the room
Off-site Cross-Promotion Package D
Off-site Cross-Promotion Package D includes:
- Marketing + promotion
- Featured placement on KubeCon + CloudNativeCon website, registration form, and schedule
- (Optional) Managed event registration + fee collection (less 2.9% credit card processing fees)
- NOTE: Package D sponsors are responsible for securing their own platform/venue and planning their respective events.
- Deadline to submit a request for off-site cross-promotion MPO (Package D): Thursday, July 29 at 11:59 PM PDT
- Deadline to submit a request for on-site co-located event (Packages A-C): Tuesday, August 5, 2021 at 11:59 PM PDT. Late requests will not be accepted.
- Package A – C contracts must be executed within 10 business days of receipt. Once the 10 business day deadline has passed, space will be released to the next sponsor in line.
- Optimal “Promotion” Window Deadline (Soft): Monday, August 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM PDT
- Final Deadline to Submit Event Information for Posting: Monday, September 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM PDT
Ensure a budget is set aside for all event requirements, including items not included in your package (e.g. food and beverage service beyond coffee/water/tea service, additional AV requirements, hardline internet for your presenter, power for attendees, and session recording or live streaming).
Communication from CNCF
As a courtesy, the CNCF co-lo team will send order deadline reminders. Room allocation communication will go out one month before event day. A “Know Before You Go” guide will be sent a week from event day.
Competitor Registration Policy
In the spirit of community, we do not endorse or recommend that sponsors place restrictions on registrations from “competitor” companies or organizations. If the sponsoring company insists on restricting who can register for their co-located event, said company is required to list such registration stipulations/parameters in their event description prior to canceling existing registrations or declining new registrations. We also require that said sponsor reach out to the individual directly to explain why their registration is being canceled prior to sending said cancellation requests to our team for processing.
Event topics are not exclusive to one event. Posting event details early allows attendees to plan their travel (and tends to ensure higher ticket sales)!
Please complete the co-location request form for all event requests (including package D). (NOTE: Completion of this form does not guarantee contracted space; space is contracted on a first-come, first-served basis.) Priority will be given to diamond and then platinum sponsors for the first week, ending Tuesday, July 6 at 11:59 PM PDT. Space allocation will then follow in the order requests are received. Diamond + platinum sponsor contracts will be sent out the week of July 5. All other contracts will be sent out starting the week of July 12. Contracts for packages A – C must be executed within 10 business days of receipt. Once the 10 business day deadline has passed, space will be released to the next sponsor in line.
We recommend all events that intend to do a live demo order hardline internet to ensure maximum speed for the presenter(s)!
External Food and Beverage, AV Services, Charging Strips, Recording/Livestreaming, Signage
All food and beverage, AV, charging, and recording/livestreaming services must be placed with the on-site catering vendor; no external orders/services/service providers will be permitted onto the premises. Wayfinding and room signage is included for all on-site packages; placing additional/external signage within the venue is prohibited.
Health + Safety
All attendees of KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2021, including co-located event attendees, are required to be fully vaccinated and must abide by all KubeCon + CloudNativeCon health and safety measures.
Marketing + Promotion
In addition to CNCF’s marketing efforts, we encourage host companies to market their event to their target audience! You may also create an external website to be linked on our official co-located event page. (For security reasons, on-site events may not utilize external registration systems in addition to ours. Sponsors contracting a cross-promotion package have the option of using our registration system or their own.)
If you are charging a registration fee for your event, The Linux Foundation will pass through registration revenue less credit card and registration processing fees (2.9%). Within 30 days post-event, you will receive an email noting your revenue (less fees) with instructions to submit an invoice to The Linux Foundation for payment. If you are donating your fees to the Diversity Scholarship, we will confirm the final amount donated.
Publishing Events to the Official Website
Events may be posted once the co-located event contract/addendum is fully executed. In order to have your co-located event listed on the website and registration form, please complete the information collection form sent to you via email as soon as possible (but no later than Monday, September 13 at 11:59 PM PDT). Once your form submission is received, Expo Genie ERC login information will be emailed to your event coordinator.
Information Needed to Post Event to Website
- Pre-planning coordinator name and email address
- On-site event coordinator name, email address, and cell phone number
- Official event title – Event Name hosted by Company Name
- 300 word (maximum) event description
- Event time frame (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM maximum)
- Cost to attendees (USD $50 minimum recommended)
- Link to external event site (optional)
- Email address for attendee questions
- Event day contact information for attendee questions
- Venue + room name/number (Package D only)
The deadline to submit event information for posting is Monday, September 13 at 11:59 PM PDT. You may view published co-located events here.
Onsite Event Logistics
All activities (including meals) must take place in your meeting room. No signage may be placed outside of your meeting room (except on your check-in table).
All attendees, including speakers, organizer, facilitators, and internal staff, MUST be registered for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon AND your co-located event in order to enter the venue. Attendee information (including first and last name, company, title, email address, and country) will be shared via private registration portal link. Once your event sells out, it will be marked as “Sold Out” on the co-located event website and in Sched.
All registration discount or comp code requests should be directed to the CNCF co-located event team and should include the code desired, discount percentage/amount, and number of uses.
Sponsors are required to ensure all attendees — including internal staff, trainers, speakers, etc. — are registered prior to event day. This responsibility lies solely with the sponsor and special registration requests may be considered until Monday, September 13 at 11:59 PM PDT. No requests will be considered after this deadline. Unless otherwise stipulated in your information collection form response, event registration will close at the event’s published end time. (NOTE: If you stipulated a different registration close date/time, the deadline to notify our team of registration close date/time changes is Monday, September 27, 2021 at 11:59 PM PDT. Change requests will not be accepted after this deadline.)
Please ensure at least (2) team members are prepared to staff the event check-in table outside of your room, and at least (1) team member attends the pre-event walk-through to see the space and pick-up your session scanner. Your team is responsible for ensuring the correct attendees are checked in at your event.
Sponsor Emails to Attendees
Turning leads into revolving customers takes time and dedication. Analyze the available data in your registration portal carefully and develop a lead nurturing strategy specific to the attendees and the content they interacted with during your co-located event. One size does not fit all. Following up in a timely manner with personalized and relevant content is key to stay on top of mind of prospective customers.
All KubeCon + CloudNativeCon sponsors are required to abide by these terms and best practices when sending emails to attendees. Sponsor emails should always:
- Be sent from an email address affiliated with your company (e.g. email@example.com)
- If using a personal account, clearly identify that the sender is employed by your company (e.g. “Hi, I’m Jane with XYZ Company”)
- Indicate how you came into possession of the attendee’s email address (e.g. “You are receiving this email because you registered for our co-located event at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon”)
- Provide targeted content based on the attendee data that you’ve gathered instead of sending generic boilerplate messages. Personalize emails whenever possible.
- Don’t bombard attendees with messages. Receiving too many emails is one of the top reasons for recipients to unsubscribe. Find a balance between staying in consistent contact and giving recipients time to digest your information.
If you require further information/clarification on these terms, please feel free to contact the CNCF co-located event planning team!