The Cloud Native Computing Foundation’s flagship conference gathers adopters and technologists from leading open source and cloud native communities.
Want to attend but not sure how to bring it up with your boss? We’ve created this email to help you explain why it’s important to attend. Feel free to use the full letter or pieces of it. See you in Valencia!
I’d like to attend KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe taking place 16-20 May in Valencia, Spain. I’ve researched many conferences and this is THE conference for gathering developers, IT professionals, and C-level leaders across the ecosystem to share learnings, highlight innovation and discuss the future of cloud native computing, including emerging trends in microservices architectures and container orchestration with technologies like Kubernetes, Prometheus, and many more.
Over 5,000 of the most talented individuals in the industry are expected to gather together in person for this event making it a great place to network with industry professionals and learn from the top cloud native experts.
Here is some data from KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2021 – Virtual to give you an idea of who attends and why:
- For 69% of attendees, this was their first KubeCon making it a great place for newcomers to the cloud native community to learn.
- The top two reasons that people attended KubeCon + CloudNativeCon were for career growth/training (58%) and networking (14%).
- 21% of attendees were developers with more than 79% in technical positions overall.
- 9,092 companies participated, with the majority from Information Technology (63%) and Financials (11%) industries.
To get a feel for what the conference is all about, check out this highlight reel from Los Angeles in October 2021.
Here’s how I envision my attendance at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2022 strengthening our company:
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe offers 100+ sessions including technical sessions, deep-dives, case studies, and more. Attending these sessions will allow me to build my knowledge on best practices and new trends in the rapidly evolving cloud native ecosystem.
- The “hallway track” at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe will allow me to meet technology and business leaders to collaborate on the technological challenges and implementations we’re working on while creating strategic partnerships that will benefit our company.
- This is the premier vendor-neutral cloud native event that brings together the industry’s most respected experts and key maintainers behind the most popular projects in the cloud native ecosystem. This will allow me to gain insight into the roadmap of these projects and how we can utilize them in our software stack.
If I register before 15 March 2022, the fee is only USD $1,250 for an in-person pass or USD $75 for a virtual pass. Included in the registration fee is access to all keynotes and sessions, sponsor showcase, hallway track, and lounges. Breaks, lunch, and other evening networking events are available with in-person attendance.
I would be happy to write a post-conference report and share with other members of the team what I’ve learned and how we can implement these cloud native tools and techniques into our business strategy.